Randy: What I’ve learned since getting diagnosed with prostate cancer - KARE11.com

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — “We're ready to go," says the radiation tech.

Radiation treatment number 18 for me at Minnesota Oncology in Maplewood. After much thought, I chose this option, radiation combined with the drug, Lupron, over robotic surgery and other treatments for prostate cancer. 

Lupron turns off testosterone in men, which basically kills the cancer. But radiation is used to make sure it's gone both inside and outside the prostate. For me, 26 radiation treatments in all. 

Having been through cancer before, radiation is a relative breeze compared to chemo - but all treatments have side effects and prostate cancer treatment has its fair share. And most men actually choose treatment based on the side effects they can live with.

Watch Randy's full story - and his warnings for other men - tonight at 10.



https://ift.tt/2tD6ZEb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wish I Didn't Need an Oncologist at All, But I'm Thankful for the One ...

Early symptoms of cancer in males: Common warning signs

20 Famous Men Who Have Had Prostate Cancer