Review of Small-Bowel Obstruction: The Diagnosis and When to Worry | Radiology



side effects after brain tumor surgery :: Article Creator

Davina McCall Tearful As She Reveals Side Effects After Brain Surgery - 'it's Been Bad'

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

The video will auto-play soon8Cancel

Play now

Davina McCall issues update after brain tumour surgery

Davina McCall has spoken out for the first time since her brain surgery as she updated friends and fans on her health.

Sharing a video for the first time since undergoing the six-hour operation, she admitted that it had been "bad" but that she was grateful to be at home with boyfriend Michael and stepmum looking after her. Following the op, she explained how she was struggling with her short term memory but remained positive that she can "work on it".

The Masked Singer judge underwent the surgery earlier this month to remove a 14mm benign brain tumour, which she discovered during a health scan a few months ago while giving a talk for a menopause company. She later admitted that she was blindsided after the tumour was discovered as she was concinced she would "ace" her health scan.

Lying in her bed at home today, Davina addressed her Instagram followers and said: "Hi, I just thought I'd check in! A heartfelt thank to everyone who has messaged me or been in touch. It's meant the world. It's been bad.

"It's just really nice to be back home. I'm on the other side. My short term memory is a bit remiss. But that is something that I can work on so I'm really happy about that. I'm writing everything I'm doing to keep myself feeling safe.

"I'm being brilliantly looked after by Michael and my mum. I'd quickly like to say big up the stepmums - I don't really say thank you to Gabby [McCall] enough. She's been an amazing rock my whole life.

Davina McCall has spoken out for the first time in an emotional video message (

Image:

Instagram) She revealed that she is struggling with her short term memory (

Image:

Instagram)

"I have a massive dose of vitamin G. When something like this happens I just feel so grateful. I've always been grateful, I've always been lucky in my life."

Tearing up, Davina continued: "I feel unbelievably grateful in my life right now, so thanks for everything. I'm on the mend, I'm resting, I'm sleeping loads and I feel really good. I just feel very lucky."

Posting the video to Instagram, she added in the description: "Just want to thank @mdlondon , who gets best boyfriend ever award . Voted for by me and everyone that knows us . Also … best mum ever award … goes to @gabbamccall . Thank you mumma . For being best grandma … and mumma ever.

"I am feeling much better . Had a great nights sleep in my own bed . Have a couple of sleeps during the day which keeps my brain clear … slowly slowly… huge gratitude, and love for the world and my life and the beautiful people in it . Thank you to all my friends . You are the best . Thank you to @clevelandclinic and my amazing neurosurgeon. Kevin. I love you . Thank you Sydney, sarah , and all the amazing beautiful souls that cared for me . Get used to this . It's going to be pouring out of me."

Davina is bravely continuing to film her podcast despite still being in recovery (

Image:

Hoda Davaine/Dave Benett/Getty Images) She was left blindsided after discovering that she had a brain tumour

Her celebrity friends flocked to the comments to wish her well, with Ruth Langsford writing: "Good to see your lovely face. Rest up and let those lovely people take care of you." While Zoe Ball wrote: "wonderful to see you doing so good D love. Healing vibes across the way. Promise to do what doc says. Love you lady."

Oll Murs commented: "Awww so happy you're back home Davina x we all love ya!!" While Nadia Sawalha wrote: "Oh my goodness .. So bloody lovely to see you ..I reckon all the conversations that have been going on between people about what a damn fine person you are must have some healing power as there have been thousands . And the love between you and Micheal is so beautiful . Keep getting 'weller ' big hugs ! Xxx"

It comes after it was revealed that Davina has bravely chosen to continue filming her weekly podcast despite being in recovery. She launched her brand-new show, titled Begin Again last month and was 'adamant' that finding the brain tumour would not halt the podcast's progress.

Follow Mirror Celebs onTikTok,Snapchat,Instagram,Twitter,Facebook,YouTubeandThreads.


Davina McCall Confirms Short-term Memory Struggle In Tearful Update After Brain Surgery

Davina McCall issues update after brain tumour surgery

Davina McCall says she is struggling with her short-term memory following surgery for a benign brain tumour. The TV presenter, 57, was diagnosed with a colloid cyst after she was offered a health check-up as part of her menopause advocacy work.

She spent time in intensive care after the procedure to remove the rare tumour, and her partner Michael Douglas has been keeping her followers updated on her condition.

On Monday, Davina posted her own video on Instagram, saying "an enormous, heartfelt thank you to everybody who's messaged me or been in touch", adding it "meant the world".

Appearing emotional, she said: "It's been mad, and it's just really nice to be back home, I'm on the other side.

"My short-term memory is a bit remiss, but that is something that I can work on, so I'm really happy about that."

Davina McCall opened up about her memory struggles after her brain surgery. (Image: Instagram)

Sharing how she is trying to combat the side effects, the former Big Brother presenter continued: "I'm writing down everything that I'm doing to keep myself feeling safe, and I'm being brilliantly looked after by Michael and my mum...

"I've always been grateful, I've been really lucky in my life, but I feel unbelievably grateful right now. So thanks for everything, all of you.

"I'm on the mend and resting and sleeping loads, and I feel really good. I just feel very lucky."

In a message accompanying the video, Davina thanked the Cleveland Clinic where she had been receiving treatment and her "amazing neurosurgeon".

Many celebrity friends, including Olly Murs, Pussycat Dolls star Ashley Roberts, and Craig David, sent their best wishes after the post.

Craig David said: "You're amazing Davina, and we all love you so much," and Olly Murs added: "Awww so happy you're back home Davina, we all love ya."

According to the NHS, non-cancerous brain tumours are more common in people over the age of 50, and symptoms include headaches, blackouts, behavioural changes and loss of consciousness. It advises anyone who has symptoms of a brain tumour to see a GP.

McCall has long advocated on women's health issues, and presented documentaries on contraception and the menopause.

She has also raised money for Cancer Research UK by running the Race For Life, in honour of her sister Caroline Baday, who died from lung cancer in 2012 at the age of 50.

■ Frequent or severe headaches, especially on waking

■ Persistent nausea and vomiting

■ Blurred vision, loss of peripheral vision or seeing flashing lights/colours

■ New onset seizures

■ Weakness or numbness in an arm, leg or face on one side of the body

■ Difficulty speaking, slurring or struggling for words

■ Confusion, memory loss and difficulty concentrating


TV Host Shares Emotional Video After Surgery For 'Very Rare' Brain Tumor: 'I Just Feel Very Lucky'

"I feel unbelievably grateful right now," British TV star Davina McCall shared in a video update on Monday, Nov. 25

Davina McCall/Instagram

Davina McCall

British TV host Davina McCall is speaking about her brain surgery for the first time.

On Monday, Nov. 25, McCall, 57, who is well known in the U.K. For hosting TV shows including Big Brother UK, said in an emotional video posted on Instagram that she's "on the mend" from her recent procedure to remove a tumor.

Filming herself lying in bed at home with what appeared to be a bruise under her left eye, McCall said, "Hi, I just thought I'd check in and say an enormous heartfelt thank you to everybody who's messaged me or been in touch. It's … god … it's meant the world," she then stopped as she got emotional in the clip.

"It's been mad and it's just really nice to be back home," she continued. "I'm on the other side."

McCall explained that, due to the surgery, her short-term memory is "a bit remiss but that is something that I can work on" and that she is "writing down everything that I'm doing to keep myself feeling safe."

Related: TV Host with 'Very Rare' Brain Tumor Is 'Out of ICU' and 'Loving Awareness' Following Surgery, Says Partner

The mom of three added that she's being "brilliantly looked after" by her partner Michael Douglas and her stepmother Gaby. She then praised her stepmom, saying, "I don't really say thank you to Gaby enough. She's been an amazing rock my whole life."

"I was talking yesterday to somebody and I said I've got a massive dose of vitamin G. I think when something like this happens I just feel so grateful," McCall said, before stopping as she got emotional again. "I've always been grateful. I've been really lucky in my life but … I feel unbelievably grateful right now."

"So thanks for everything all of you. I'm on the mend, I'm resting, I'm sleeping loads and I feel really good. I just feel very lucky," she concluded with a smile.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Davina McCall/Instagram

McCall posted an emotional video discussing her recovery from brain surgery on Nov. 24

In the caption, McCall praised her loved ones for their support as she thanked her partner Michael again "who gets best boyfriend ever award" and Gaby "for being best grandma … and mumma ever."

"I am feeling much better. I had a great night's sleep in my own bed. Have a couple of sleeps during the day which keeps my brain clear … slowly slowly," McCall wrote of her recovery. "... Thank you to @clevelandclinic and my amazing neurosurgeon, Kevin. I love you. Thank you [to] the amazing beautiful souls that cared for me," she added.

On Nov. 15, McCall revealed in a pre-recorded video posted on Instagram that she would be having brain surgery after she was found to have a "very rare" brain tumor during a recent scan.

Dave Benett/Getty

McCall and her partner Michael Douglas pictured in May 2023

Related: TV Host Asks Fans to 'Say a Prayer for Me' in Emotional Video as She Reveals Surgery for 'Very Rare' Brain Tumor

Her latest post comes after her boyfriend Douglas, 49, shared an update on her recovery from surgery on her Instagram account on Nov. 18.

"She really has made an enormous leap forward in the last 24 hours. She is out of ICU She is'"loving awareness,' " Douglas wrote. He added in the caption, "Mega progress these last 24 hours. Massive relief to see some light breaking through…"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sentinel lymph node biopsy: What cancer patients should know

Expert Discusses Data From First Positive Trial for PARP Inhibitor in Prostate Cancer - Targeted Oncology

Prostate MRI in Stereotactic Body Radiation Treatment Planning and Delivery for Localized Prostate Cancer - RSNA Publications Online